Flameless Phoenix

Inspired by the myth of the phoenix, this idea embodies the spirit of transformation

    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·13:48
      # A Broader Market, a Stricter Entry The lesson I am taking into tonight is to look beyond the headline index without relaxing my entry discipline. Weakness in large technology companies can dominate the screen even when other areas are improving. That gives me a reason to widen my watchlist, but it does not make every alternative a good trade at any price. These are plans I am considering, not orders placed or fills completed. What interests me most is the reaction to earnings. A company can report growth, improve its outlook and still sell off. I want to pay attention to that response instead of arguing that the news should have produced a rally. Expectations and positioning matter. If good news cannot attract sustained buying, I need a better reason to take risk than enthusiasm for the
      0Comment
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-29 22:14
      Growth Still Has to Pay Its Way My main takeaway from the 28 October close is that growth deserves a closer look when it requires an ever larger cheque to sustain it. I am paying more attention to the cash a business keeps after investing, and to how it funds the next round of expansion. For 29 October, these are watchlist observations and plans to evaluate, not a record of orders or fills. The AI discussion makes that distinction especially useful. A strong cloud growth number can sound impressive, but it does not answer every question. I still want to know whether the business is generating cash, whether investment is becoming more demanding, and whether shareholders are being asked to help finance it. Revenue growth and the cost of achieving that growth need to sit next to each other in
      109Comment
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-28 22:18
      Small Caps Improve, but Execution Still Matters My plan for tonight is to watch whether small-cap strength holds and stay selective around earnings. These are watchlist decisions, not orders or fills. After reviewing Tuesday’s close, I’m more interested in the quality of the recovery than in how green the headline indices look. The gap between SPY and its equal-weight counterpart, RSP, is a useful reminder. A stronger headline index can still depend heavily on a narrow group of technology names. I want to see whether that strength spreads to more companies. If participation stays uneven, I need to judge each setup on its own merits instead of treating an index rally as permission to buy whatever has fallen. Small caps gave me something more encouraging to study. IWM recovered its short-ter
      1.93K2
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-28
      Watching Support Before Calling a Turn My main lesson from Friday’s close is that reaching support and proving support are two different things. SPY is below its medium-term trend average, yet it is also testing an area that has mattered several times before. I can see the case for a bounce, but I do not want to treat the location alone as confirmation. Tonight, I’m writing down watchlist conditions rather than reporting orders or fills. The first decision is how much weight to give a possible rebound. If buyers defend this area and price starts to recover with broader participation, I would have more reason to take that response seriously. If support gives way, I need to reassess the consolidation instead of insisting it must hold. A familiar chart pattern can help me prepare for differen
      110Comment
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-26
      # Watching Support Before Calling a Turn My main lesson from Friday’s close is that reaching support and proving support are two different things. SPY is below its medium-term trend average, yet it is also testing an area that has mattered several times before. I can see the case for a bounce, but I do not want to treat the location alone as confirmation. Tonight, I’m writing down watchlist conditions rather than reporting orders or fills. The first decision is how much weight to give a possible rebound. If buyers defend this area and price starts to recover with broader participation, I would have more reason to take that response seriously. If support gives way, I need to reassess the consolidation instead of insisting it must hold. A familiar chart pattern can help me prepare for differ
      61Comment
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-23
      Watching What Holds Up When Tech Sells Off Thursday's close reminded me to look beyond the headline index before deciding how broad a sell-off really is. Technology and semiconductors were under pressure, while the equal-weight market and several quieter sectors held up better. My main takeaway was the unevenness of the move. Looking only at the largest growth stocks would have given me an incomplete picture. These are my observations and watchlist plans for Friday's session. They do not record any trades I have placed. The first thing I want to judge is the quality of any technology rebound. A sharp decline can create room for a bounce, but I would want to see stronger buying volume and a recovery of broken support before becoming more confident. If a rally struggles around levels that pr
      284Comment
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-23
      # Better Breadth, but Tech Still Has Work to Do My market notes for 22 October, looking back at the 21 October close: the recovery is encouraging, but I am not treating one green session as an all-clear. These are observations and watchlist plans, not orders or claims that I have taken any of these trades. The most useful distinction for me is between improving breadth and repaired leadership. RSP holding above its 50-day moving average for a second session is constructive. More participation gives a recovery a better foundation. But QQQ remains below its own 50-day average, so the improvement is not uniform. That leaves me open to a bounce without assuming a lasting change in trend. A market can offer a tradable rebound and still run into trouble at the next layer of resistance. Semicondu
      250Comment
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-21
      Looking Beyond the Headline Index The move that caught my attention in Tuesday’s session was the improvement underneath the main index. Small caps and the equal-weight market showed more strength than the Nasdaq, which makes me interested in where participation is broadening next. These are my observations and plans, not confirmation that I have entered any of the positions discussed below. I’m watching whether this rotation can last. Money moving out of crowded leaders and into neglected areas can create useful opportunities, but one strong session does not establish a durable trend. The Russell’s rebound looked encouraging, while a fresh countertrend confirmation was still missing. I want to see follow-through rather than assume the first bounce has settled the question. The homebuilders
      263Comment
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-20
      Waiting for confirmation after the October selloff The 16 October close reminded me that one strong rebound is not enough to confirm a market low. Thursday’s recovery had made a washout bottom look plausible, but Friday’s selling put that idea back under pressure. My takeaway is to stay flexible: a promising explanation still needs price to support it. These are my planning reflections, not a record of orders or fills. What interested me most was the difference between the headline indices and the average stock. Technology weighed heavily on the broad market, while the equal-weight S&P 500 held up better over the week. That distinction matters to me. A weak index does not mean every sector is equally weak, but strength elsewhere does not automatically make the market safe to buy. Semic
      1.07K2
      Report
    • Flameless PhoenixFlameless Phoenix
      ·10-16
      Waiting for Confirmation After the Rebound Thursday's recovery made the market more interesting, but it did not make every chart a buy. For Friday's session, I am separating possible bounce opportunities from setups that still need to prove themselves. These are ideas I am reviewing, not a report of orders placed or trades filled. The S&P recovered from a weak opening and reclaimed important moving averages. The Nasdaq also recovered from its lows and held a trendline that mattered. That is encouraging. Technology still looks less convincing, however, and one strong recovery from an ugly open is not enough for me to declare the selling finished. For technology and semiconductors, the distinction I care about is a close above Thursday's high. An intraday bounce can fade, and an inside d
      510Comment
      Report
     
     
     
     

    Most Discussed